Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ronnie's week of Mayhem

Normally, Ronnie’s life is pretty low key. He is a very sweet, loveable little guy who likes to spend his time with the KNEX, Legos or whatever other item he has found to build with, Discovery Channel and History channel. One important thing to know about Ronnie at this time of year is that he loves snowboarding. Which brings me to the first bit of mayhem in Ronnie’s week: Ronnie earned a yellow ticket from school for throwing snowballs and getting into it with a friend of his. Why? He and his buddy had a disagreement of which was the better sport, snowboarding or skiing. This disagreement led to some chasing and snowball throwing-not good. A yellow ticket is a disciplinary action taken by the school. This led to my own disciplinary action for Ronnie, a grounding of sorts. He took it in stride and understood what he did was wrong. That was nice from the mom stand point.

The week had been going pretty well for him otherwise until Wednesday. Wednesday morning I get a call from Becky who lives near the kids school bus stop. She asked me if I could come by the house and get Ronnie. Why? Because it was the coldest day of the week (-6 degrees when she called) and my intelligent 10 year old decided to stick his tongue to the metal mailbox at the bus stop. I am still laughing as I write this. Becky said Ronnie was bleeding a fair amount. So I went to get Ronnie. By the time I got to the house the bleeding had stopped but the kids made sure to show me the blood on the front door step. Luckily, Becky’s daughter Emma had a water bottle in her backpack and they used that water to help Ronnie with his tongue at the bus stop. Thank You Emma! I drove Ronnie to school and he had a pretty good day. Not too much damage to his tongue, it looked like a few blood blisters on the side of his tongue. Needless to say there was a great deal of laughter Wednesday morning because of his experiment. I am anticipating yet another experiment with the tongue on frozen metal as he informed me as I drove him to school that he knew what he did wrong. “I forgot to spit on the mailbox first!” I am sure he will want to prove his theory some day. I am still laughing as I write this.

Later that same day I was driving to the High school to pick up Ana and Ronnie was with me. All of a sudden he tells me “if anyone wants to clone me they just have to go to the bus stop” I asked him why. Ronnie then told me that he left his DNA there, stuck to the mailbox (where his tongue was), the road, the bus stop. Etc. Amazing. I truly love how he thinks!
As this week comes to a close I wonder what mayhem still awaits us. One can’t help but love Ronnie!